Tuesday, January 13, 2015

3D Model - Trial 2

Here is the second model. I have made a few modifications from the first model such as materials and color classification. This model has the same build as the first model and follows the same system. 

New Classifications: Blue-Faceless. Yellow-Roommate. Black-Helpless. Purple-Form. 
White-Two of me. Green-Grass. Red-Evil. These colors are chosen to best represent the tag it stands for while remaining clearly different from each other.
(I am thinking of changing the tag, "Form", to "Homework" or "Project".)

The other modification I made was to use colored thread in place of the elastic bands to avoid the problem of pulling towards the center as shown in Trial 1. This model was much more successful and easier to work with. I enjoyed it. 

Thinking further on how to better this structure, I want to remove the mock-up styrofoam base and make it a wooden one. Also, to continue with this project, I want to make one for every month from September to March. I hope to have seven of these. I also hope to see some tags appear in months where it is not most common, So that I can mark it and connect those months to each other with a thread. I like the idea of calling this, Dream Threads.

(On a side note, while making this display I thought to create dream catchers using each months threaded pattern for the center strings. This is an idea that won't come into play until all connections are finalized). 



No comments :

Post a Comment