Thursday, January 22, 2015

Speed Reading Videos


I made a few of these videos a while ago, viewing them as being representative of reading that is specific to reading on screen. I find it interesting to remove the utility of the software, by setting speeds to theoretically show the text in a minute. The result is it being impossible to read with any clarity, and delayed recognition of specific words. They're pretty low quality videos because they're screen captures, but I'm sort of interested in the weird witchy atmosphere of blurred text. The texts that I chose were writings on the state of the book within the network. They're texts that I feel like I should read, but rarely manage to. I've been trying to figure out how to use them, my studio mate and I have considered collaborations involving projecting them. I've considered performance work involving speaking the few words that I recognize, or writing them down.

No comments :

Post a Comment