Thursday, February 26, 2015

End text?


This is going to be the final spread in my cigarette book.  It's an excerpt the movie Coffee and Cigarettes which is a collection of short films relating to coffee and cigarettes.  This particular excerpt is from the short Somewhere in California between Iggy Pop and Tom Waits, two men who, in my opinion, give off the very essence of cigarette smoke and ash.

I know I said I wanted to chose something personal, possibly interviews or clips of interviews from people that I personally gather, but this scene, and the entire movie as a whole, really reflects the smoker's culture and the inability to give it up;  just one more cigarette, now that I have quit. I think it's a good trade off, from something that people can easily relate to to something that people can recognize.\

1 comment :

  1. Excerpts from songs, literature etc. set the tone.
    Maybe for context.
    What do you have to say?

    ReplyDelete